A White Jasmine Inn Reservation Policies
- Tarriff rates for all rooms are for single and double occupancy (2 persons 18 and above).*
- Rates, amenities, and descriptions subject to change without notice.
- Hotel Taxes:
- Bed Tax is an additional 12% applied to the accommodation charges portion of the total charges.
- TBID will be $1.00 per accommodation per night.
- To confirm reservation we require a deposit for the first night (which will be applicable for approximately 98% of the reservations and may be more in certain cases) and the balance is taken on the date of check-in.
- Refunds are given, less a $30.00 processing fee per room, if notice to cancel is received via email 7 or more days prior to the date of arrival. The entire reservation becomes non-cancelable after 6:00 pm, 7 days or more (whichever applies for the given reservation) prior to the date of arrival.
- Please note that the guest must call the inn at 1-805-966-0589 for any reservation made over the internet after 5:00 pm for the same day.
- "No -Shows" and "Early Departures" are held responsible for the entire reservation without refund.
- A two-night minimum stay is required on Saturday stays (adding a Friday or Sunday) and certain holiday and/or special event periods and a three-night minimum stay is required on select holiday and/or special event periods.
- Check-in time is after 3:00 pm and if a later than 6:00pm arrivals anticipated the guest should call the inn to make arrangements.
- Check-out is by 11:00am.
- For the health of of all our guests we do not allow any smoke indoors. The guest is responsible for any indoor smoke.
- We, unfortunately, do not allow any animals or pets on the premise.
This is a bed & breakfast. It is our pleasure to present you with a charming room along with pleasant service. Please bear in mind that these are old houses and things occasionally wear or break down¾especially when combined with commercial traffic. In such instances, during the course or your stay we will either remedy the situation or try to ameliorate your discomfort. In any event, short of egregious examples of conveniences that are compromised and/or egregious acts of negligence from the staff and/or management, etc., forfeitures or discounts are not forthcoming.
The person responsible for making the reservation, or the "Reservationee", or the Reservationee and any associated guest—meaning any person directed to A White Jasmine Inn or "Inn"—or "Guest" must abide by all reasonable standards of conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person, as well as each and all of our policies as outlined in our handouts and/or to which you're directed during check-in which are found in the room as well. The Inn reserves the right to refuse service to any guest and is exempt from any obligatory justifications. Further, the Inn reserves the right to retain and/or secure any and all charges accrued in conjunction with the reservation room charges for the entire range of the dates of the reservation as well as any and all costs, tangible and otherwise, relating to any damages inflicted, by the Reservationee and/or Guest directed to A White Jasmine Inn premise by the Reservationee as well as, possibly, refusing to accept on or dismiss from A White Jasmine Inn premise at any time. There is no cash refund, whole or inpart, regardles of the circumstance. Although an implied warranty of habitability is conceded—restricted—this is only bound by matters and code as they relate to basic long-term tennacy and not industrial covenants, federal statutes, and like regulatory doctrine. The warranty of habitability, again, relates only to the basic use of contracted lodging and no other perks, devices, fringes, provided for and available to the Reservation and Guest(s). The Inn reserves the right access the Guest's accommodations at any time with due notice in the form of telephoning the Reservationee or knocking on the door to ensure that the facility is being used properly. The tennant and/or any guest(s) within the contracted party of Tennant(s)waives any rights to hold A White Jasmine Inn and any person(s) and/or entity(s) associated with said inn resposible for harm, bodily and financially arising from use of Inn shall nullify and void any claims to redress from harm.
* Many of our rooms are not suitable for persons under 18 although children, aged 12 at the minimum, accompanied by an adult(s) may be accepted. If the guest(s) smoke it will be their responsibility that no smoke , residue or any by-product of smoking pervade indoor areas. We require that all guests, while on the A White Jasmine Inn premise, act in a responsible manner as expected from a reasonably prudent person. Approximately 85% to 90% of the reservations will have applied to it the the seven days policy. There are exceptions such as various packages, group stays, long stays, a few major holiday and/or local special event periods, etc.The inn will not be responsible for any harm brought upon a guest(s) or any person(s) brought onto the premise by the guest(s), physical, psychological, financial or other wise. In the event that the guest's stay is compromised resulting from the absence of, deviation from the intended purpose of, or a feature which is inferior than as such advertised the inn, at it's discretion, will attempt to ameliorate the possible loss of goodwill with various goodwill offerings other than the crediting of funds back to the guest's account. Any amenity, other than the basic necessity of shelter (e.g. bed and rooom which is reaonably seure from the elements), while offered as complimentary is not guaranteed in any form and, at the discretion of management, may ameliorate the guests discomfort with a form of goodwill on a subsequent stay. There are many potential reasons for an amenity(s) to not be available and in good working condition and appearnace. Some of these reasons are not so regualr as, for example, we may from time to time, without notice, retire an existing amenity and, sometimes renovate it. Please bear in mind that while we do endeavor to have everything working well, looking good, etc. we do not coveneant that it will be so. For us to ensure many (if not all) amenities to be as expected and, moreover, to our standard we would need to increase the prices dramatically. The rates for the accommodations are comprised of several components. These are charges for the accommodation, a service fee for the parking, a service fee for the breakfast, and an inn fee which covers other services. The total of these fees, as of January, 2011, is $75.00/night/accommodation. While the bed-tax of 12% is applied, ostensibly, upon the making of the reservation to the total charges it is broken down to be applied to the nightly charge of the accommodation minus $63.00. The bed tax, in actuality, is applied to this net amount. This is less than our total fees outlined above. We simply absorb any dicrepencies as goodwill due to the fact that our system, at this time, is not able to represent this automatically when the reservation is made. When a new promotional rate is posted for a period where the rates for existing reservations are higher then the Inn will issue an Inn gift certificate for the difference as goodwill only if it si requested by the guest. Some restrictions may apply.. There will be no cash adjustments.
Effective Date: December 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.whitejasmineinnsantabarbara.com, owned and operated by A White Jasmine Inn. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: www.whitejasmineinnsantabarbara.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We might amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose what personal information (if any) you want to provide to us. If you decide not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: We use your personal information to complete and manage your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to select the accommodations that fit them best.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, mail, phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with our website.
- Legal Purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and manage that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the email address stated below. Include "Request personal information" in the subject line of your email to speed things up.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
A White Jasmine Inn, 1327 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, United States of America. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.